Rainforest Foundation Norway is a non-governmental organisation working in 11 rainforest countries, together with more than 70 local partners. We are looking for a Programme Coordinator on the thematic of indigenous peoples for our country Office in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). For more information about our work: https://www.regnskog.no/en/
Based in Kinshasa and operating under the delegated authority of the RFN Country Director, the Programme Coordinator will be responsible for RFN’s work to support the work of our partners in DRC, develop, promote and monitor indigenous peoples’ success, issues and rights and relationships with other ethnical majorities in the DRC.
He/she will interact with RFN’s Congolese partner organisations implementing RFN funded projects in relation to the promotion and the protection of Indigenous People’s rights in the DRC. He/she will assist RFN’s Congolese partner organisations in strategic planning, project management and organisational strengthening. The Programme Coordinator is responsible for developing and harmonising RFN’s strategic approach in DRC, in coordination with relevant stakeholders including Congolese and international civil society organisations, donors and Congolese authorities. The Programme Coordinator is expected to represent RFN in Congolese, regional and international forums, and will interact regularly with the RFN staff in Oslo to ensure the harmonisation and effectiveness of our approach.
- Provide strategic advice and technical assistance to RFN’s Congolese civil society partners monitoring the IPs programmes in DRC.
- Support RFN’s Congolese civil society partners in their organizational development, including project management, financial management, democratic governance and risk managements.
- Take the lead role in developing and executing RFN’s strategic approach to support the monitoring of drivers of deforestation in DRC and support our partners’ advocacy work.
- Ensure that the RFN Kinshasa office has advanced technical expertise and excellent competencies in issues pertaining to indigenous people.
- Contribute to the development of funding applications for new projects/programmes and reports to donors
- Contribute to the development of RFN's strategic thinking and prioritization of partners, projects and activities within the programme.
- You have a degree in social science or in law. Significant working experience might compensate for lack of diploma.
- You have a background in working with/for indigenous people in Central Africa.
- You are highly dedicated to the promotion of Indigenous People’s rights.
- You have an experience in the management of project , including experience from organisational development and financial management
- You have good written and verbal skills in the French and Lingala/Swahili languages. English will be a strong asset
- You are proactive, detail oriented and diplomat. You can communicate and function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures and languages.
- You are able to represent the organisation with civil society stakeholders as well as international firms representatives to ensure dialogue
- You are eager to contribute to protecting DRC’s rainforests and the rights of forest dependent peoples. You are committed to RFN’s mission and values.
How to apply
Applications should entail a CV – including contact of at least 3 references – as well as a cover letter.
Applications should be exclusively submitted by email to RecruitmentDRC@rainforest.no
Hard copy will not be accepted.
Object of email should state “Indigenous Peoples Programme Coordinator”
Indigenous people and/or female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Closing date for applications: 15th of February
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.